PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MP's Pay
Thread: MP's Pay
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 14:14
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It isn't just us being in it together that wearies me these days. It seems we have some nice weather on the way so brace yourselves for hosepipe bans, pictures of a parched and wilderness-like Rutland Water (wherever), claims that it is hotter than Riyadh, footage of Cornettos streaming off productions lines, Northern seaside towns bursting with ruddy faced lobsters gorging themselves on ice cream, office workers 'stripping off' in council parks and of course, government 'advice'.

Its that time of year too, for getting tough. On what? Does it matter? The heat, sunscreen manufacturers, councils stocks of grit for winter, police reform, pay day loan companies.. anything.. earlier today, it seems we're getting tough on foreigners using the NHS.. again. Does the state have these sorts of crass initiatives on file to be rolled out to deflect flak and heat?

I wish the state would get tough on growth and unemployment, tapering off of QE, a 50 foot bond bubble, the Chinese credit crunch and creeping Bond yields - you know, the sort of stuff we pay them for, and not meddling with the minutiae, the harping on, the hypocritical pontificating and picking our pockets all the time. Alas, it is too little too late, I've had enough and if Prism is reading this - sorry, I really don't care anymore.