PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hero Aviation Greece
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 09:27
roeloph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
been there

Because the continuous bad weather in my country I decided to look for an opportunity to get my PPL-practice training in a country with reliable good weather to make the most for my licence needed practice hours within a couple of weeks, flying every day. Searching the internet for a European school that could offer me that everyday training I found the Hero aviation school in Kalamata, Greece. Also I found this forum with the thread about this school. I decided to look for myself to make up my mind, based on my own observations. After an e-mail exchange (always quick replies) with HERO, in which I could ask already many questions, and with all the negative messages in this thread in mind, I took a flight to Kalamata on June 24. I got a warm welcome, good quality accomodation, met the director, the executive P.A & P.R manager, many students and instructors, looked around in the school building, visited the student appartments (above the school), attended part of a theory lesson and had a great instruction flight with the head-instructor, mister Glynis (the man with the '5 bars' on his shoulder: actually he has 4, the fifth 'bar' is the name of the school), from the Mègara airfield near Athens (where from Monday to Friday most instruction flights take place). I could ask any question to any person and got all the answers I wanted without restrictions or fear. All the persons I met were real existing, hard working and studying people who always tried to find some time to meet me and talk with me. Of course my aim was limited: find out about the practice training for PPL-A. I am doing my theory exams in my own country, and most probably will get my licence here. Now back in my country with memories of a great week in Kalamata I must start the 'fight' with the authorities to split my training for the licence in a part here (the exams) and a part in Greece (flying!). In both countries there are problems about this construction, but my experience with Hero gives me a strong motivation to continue this path. No, I am not payed by HERO to write this positive evaluation, I am just honest about what I have seen and heard. So when you want to know about the school: ask them your questions and go and look for yourself if you can.

Last edited by roeloph; 3rd Jul 2013 at 09:34.