PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MP's Pay
Thread: MP's Pay
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 05:25
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
lb

Or do I have a claim for being underpaid during 17 years in grade?
Either way, you've been underpaid. One of the worst decisions ever made was to privatise MoD scientific services.

SOSL

I'm no apologist for MPs and their pay-scales but if we want these people to do such a difficult and important job for us why should we begrudge them a decent salary.
I agree, but there are too many of them in the "smug bas****" category. The likes of Cameron and Osborne come across as overgrown children who are playing an imaginary game where they can forget reality for a while. Every time Osborne opens his mouth there are 60 million people in the country saying "OK for you mate, if you lose your job you never have to work another day in your life". People in that situation, who are not self-made, seldom make good politicians.

Seems to me that the Government is equivalent to the board of directors of the UK.
They're more like the Management Board of an MoD IPT I used to know. 15 inexperienced and junior staff who, if they were seen to "manage" ok, would in time be allowed to manage a minor project.