PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 11
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 02:01
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HN39
The captain's "Prend ça" is echoed three times by the PNF. The BEA nor the judicial group of experts understand what "ça" refers to.
That's poor effort regarding an important remark on the cvr especially at a time when full back stick was maintained ...

The next item on the CVR record is the PF saying that he has 'no vario' "there".
Translation is incorrect.
The words are :
  • Je… j'ai, le problème c'est que j'ai plus de vario là
  • The problem is that I don't have any vsi anymore
  • d'accord j'ai plus aucune indication
  • Ok I don't have any indication at all
There's more in it that I don't have a VSI on the standby.

Both the BEA and the judicial experts attribute that to the VSI needle being on the stop, but it has been there (6000 fpm) for some time.
The quotes ?

Therefore I think the PF is replying to the captain and the PNF, who have been pointing to the standby instrument, which doesn't indicate V/S.
Now why would the CPT and PNF point to the standby instruments to use them if all big attitude indicators on the PFDs function and agree ?
What is supposed to be so interesting on the standby that the PFDs have to be ignored ?

Why is it a problem for the PF that he doesn't have V/S? I can understand a pilot needs V/S to maintain altitude or a certain value of V/S. Both pilots have expressed more than once that they've lost control, the altimeter is spooling down rapidly, and the PF announces: "Ï have a problem, it's that I don't have vertical speed indication"?
When indicating, are both V/S in agreement ?
Are 3 altimeters behaving the same way ?
Remember the attitude AoA bank and position of the statics ...