PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 00:09
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘Pilot training and airline safety inquiry’ and recommendation 9

Biccy interesting post, I think it is safe to say we all have enough documented evidence to prove 'beyond all reason' that there is a toxic bully boy culture within the halls of Fort Fumble, ably led by their supreme leader

Perhaps Maurie Baston's article 'One way ticket, or return to sanity' sums up the knock on effect of such a toxic culture and points to a possible solution with very little cost impost (but much deck chair shuffling and abolition of the trough)!

Ok slight change of tack...

Blast from the past perhaps but in light of some recent incidents maybe it is time to act on recommendation 9 of the ‘Pilot training and airline safety inquiry’?
Recommendation 9
2.299 The committee recommends that the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA), the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) and Australian aviation operators review the final findings of France's Bureau of Investigation and Analysis into Air France 447, including consideration of how it may apply in the Australian context. Subject to those findings, the committee may seek the approval of the Senate to conduct a further hearing in relation to the matter.
R9 was one of only a handful of the 22 recommendations that the government didn’t whitewash with the ‘Great White Elephant Act’ and essentially agreed with in principle.

So why should the Senate revisit the AF447 investigation and final findings? Well perhaps the following vid may help to better explain (vid plucked from Paul Phelan’s short article ‘Cockpit automation – It needed to be said’). [YOUTUBE]

Many people may disagree with some of the views expressed by David Learmount but most would agree that we cannot ignore the essential safety implications of the AF447 air crash findings. Would a further hearing by the Senate be of value in the interests of the travelling public? My 2 bobs worth..after their efforts in the PelAir inquiry I have no doubt that it would be money well spent!

Last edited by Sarcs; 3rd Jul 2013 at 00:31.