PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 18:56
TheDaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first day of the rest of my life........

Good evening all

I sit here before you as a 35 year old with the excitement of a 10 year old boy on Christmas eve. Actually the analogy is deeper than you might think.

For the last 12 years I have worked hard (bloody hard) and progressed well up the ranks as a Secondary School Science teacher. As any young lad will confirm, to get what you want at Christmas requires hard work before hand.
So now I have made the decision to retrain. To do something I have always wanted to do. I have 15 weeks of a PPL behind me and I am making plans to complete this and continue on to a CPL and beyond.

I've read all the health warnings that say there are no jobs in commercial flying, but I am now at a stage in my life when I can afford to train, but I can't afford waste more time before starting.

So as I embark on this terrifying journey I am writing this post just to say "Hello" to everyone here and to ask if you have any advice for someone in my position to advance quickly (but rushed) and to have the best possible chance of a job at the end of this. Please don't tell me not to do it, I need constructive advice please......oh and I know what hard work means.

Thank you very much