PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bases no longer an option.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 13:56
ASH1111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Referencing the Housing comment. If Cathay even breathes in the direction of those on expat housing, the dominoes will certainly fall. If they mess with the package in any way, I can say with a good deal of certainty that nearly all American's would be gone within 6 months. All US carriers hiring like gang busters, you'll be a narrow body skipper in 5 years. Absolutely NO motivation to stay in Hong Kong without the housing. None.

I would speculate also that while the opportunities are not as abundant, we would lose a good share of Ozzies, Canuks, Kiwi's, and Brits to boot.

No, it won't be some famed mass exodus, but it would be more than Cathay could cope with.

I believe the housing is safe, because it is the more senior crew who are on it, and you can't staff an airline with Cadets, JFO's, and Freighter Captains.

Proviso: The unwillingness to formalize the 25 year housing is most certainly concerning. What are they planning?

Methinks a Commuting Contract is about to be offered. Here is your 25 year housing, or sign it all away for life, and here is your commuting contract. That would be Vintage Cathay