PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oz Teen World Record Flight
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 08:11
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having been a contributor to Ryan's progress so far, I can assure everyone this has not been a half baked exercise, nor has it been handed to him on a platter.

From all the planning business and logistics (his mum is a significant help )he has done an outstanding job.

My observation of how he spent 3 days in an engine class....being the most attentive student, like his life might depend on it, was something to behold and watch. And then to spend a long time after with John Deakin and in particular Walter Atkinson, who knows the the Cirrus / Klampier folk closely and how they were designed and operated, was a level of maturity beyond his years.

I need to repeat that, he showed a level of discipline and maturity beyond his years.

Heck.....beyond mine, and probably most reading this board!

This is not another Ray Clamback professional ferry flight, and every one of those is impressive in its own right.

I would say that DBTW and MakeItHappenCapt would agree. This is a serious task and at 19 none the less.

I am just humbled by the level of involvement I have had with such an inspiring young man.