PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MP's Pay
Thread: MP's Pay
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 07:32
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure we all agree that we need to stop career politicians, IMO this is what is destroying politics and hence our country.
Totally, as I have posted before I know one such. Entered politics at 16 in uni, worked as an assistant for a sitting MP. Stood for election aged 25 (failed).Stood for election as an MEP (elected). Now in mid thirties on 100K plus with a staff of about 9. Total time in real life/proper job = 0. And if you read their social media posts, boy does it show.

I'm not in favour of the more extreme measures re accommodation, nor would I like to see MPs poorly paid. The job merits decent pay and conditions...more accountability would be a better objective.

I wonder though...

Every five years or so we get to make our impact at the ballet box. How many of you will trot down the polling station and make protest vote, by putting your X next to an independent or minority party? Or will you just vote the way you and your parents always have?

You get the newspapers you buy and politicians you vote for. Fed up with it all...then vote for change.