PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MP's Pay
Thread: MP's Pay
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 06:54
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Have to agree with F3WMB. I've long thought that we could save the taxpayer a shed load of money by building an MPs Mess on government owned land and provide them all with an small apartment to live in whilst in town. No more second homes to worry about, no more tax payer funded second mortgages, there's even a stick of furniture available through the supply system so need to fund MPs extra king size double beds. Charge them living in charges whilst they use the Mess and we could even put on a contractor run canteen on a Pay as you Dine basis which would save more taxpayers money. If they want the latest 42" TV for their room, let them fund that themselves - just like I had to do when living in the Mess and got fed up trying to watch the Six Nations on my old 12" portable!

I think Smuj is being a tad harsh on random wealthy Tory MP. If its the same one as I saw; as well as mentioning wealthy MPs he did also say something along the lines "or those who have come straight from the education system and who know no different [regarding pay] and have no experience of wider life". I am sure we all agree that we need to stop career politicians, IMO this is what is destroying politics and hence our country.