PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 1st Jul 2013, 00:57
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All good, but:-

Ok, thanks I'm cool (ish) with disallowance now; by 'grounded' I meant exactly what 4 dogs said. For 601 then, he is writing a COM section to cover an instrument which is valid as law, and will remain so, until the Senate imbroglio is sorted. What a sheemozzle. Tick - tock, indeed.

I guess the real question is – will CASA now notify operators with an urgent official advisory of the instrument status and a recommendation. There is now time, money and effort gone into 'compliance', operations manuals have been amended and it appears, that none have any idea whether they are compliant or not right now. Will an amnesty be provided during the hiatus; or, will errors made through conflicting interpretation be prosecuted. A real Safety watchdog would pass on their collective operational and legal wisdom; tout de suite The tooter the sweeter I reckon. Oh, where's Wodger Figjam when we need him?, he is after all 'the' acknowledged expert on 'old to new' and 'new to old' interpretation.

Dock - "Well M'lud, we were compliant with the new, but not any longer with old; but we are now told that the 'new' is invalid and we are in breach of the old". Judge – "I need a Bex now and a nice little lie down; Oh, and do not, ever mention approvals for operational classification again: ever".

Last edited by Kharon; 1st Jul 2013 at 01:02.