PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2013, 16:25
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes but remember that you will not be able to gain an IR on a CPL with resricted Class 1 medical as you MUST have night flying privileges for the IR, unless of course the UK CAA Medical Branch intends to break that law as well.

I can see this ending in tears for some who, having spent a small fortune gaining a ME CPL/IR all of a sudden have it stripped away from them because an EASA Audit shows the CAA Med Branch has been operating in breach of EC Reg 1178/2011 and orders the CAA to revoke their licences or face prosecution in the EU Courts.

Whilst I applaud the CAA Medics in one respect for giving individuals the chance to gain a ME CPL IR, surely they can't be so stupid as to think they can get away with this. It was different under JAR; they were able to act unilaterally but EC Reg 1178/2011 is European Law and not a 'make it up as we go along' boys club like the JAA. It appears that the Med Branch is acting in defiance of the law.

I wish they would at the very least clarify the position in writing - but that is unlikely as they would then need to accept liability.

I think a letter to CAA Legal is needed. Make them speak up as to what the hell they are up to.