PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2013, 04:04
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jobs after P2F

Lingdee,

Your mates who got into Scoot and whatever are very lucky. I was talking to Lion guys yesterday and they were worried because they have been sending out CV's like crazy but no one seems to be hiring. You have to remember that having 500 hours typed and TT of 2000 hours doesn't make a job a certainty.

I no longer fly jumpers nor do any of my friends. That was just an example that there are still entry level jobs around. We are all on mutli TP's now but only one of us has Multi TP command. I didn't make that clear in my post.

Have you actually left India and knocked on any doors? Out of the 6000 pilots in India without a job how do you make your application stand out? You say that you have sent CV's all around the world with no reply. Did you really expect one?

As for it being easy before and hard now to get a job you can just look back on posts on Prune over the years to see the same old rubbish being told. It always seems to come up that "a few years ago it was easier cause there were more jobs then" This may be true when the expansion plans of easy and Ryan were going full steam ahead but what about before then? The industry goes in cycles and mostly we are in the non hiring part of the cycle. I do believe that once a upon a time in the UK you had to have 700TT to get a CPL. What would all you whiners have done back then?

An ex 777 driver at Korean told me it took 15 years for him to get into a F27 from pistons. Didn't touch a jet til he was 40 and didn't make skipper til almost 50. 30 years to make jet Captain and all you guys on here making noise about it being hard. It is not even close to being like that now and I think it may have got easier, not harder.