PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Live
Thread: Airport Live
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2013, 00:48
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
It's possible the boroscope item (I did not see it) was 'One we made earlier' whilst omitting to tell the 'dumb' viewers and the truly dumb producer and director not spotting the dates.

As to presentational style ... nowadays the instructions are:
"Keep it light. Keep it bright."

The use of young people has long been seen and tested in the courts. All TV companies use general purpose 'presenters' who are well known to the production company as reliable and known to the public. They 'interview' the 'experts' with (mostly) scripted questions and the 'expert' knowing in advance what the topic and question will be. Everybody smiles - or is serious - as the director demands.

This enables cheaper television.

These programmes are scripted in advance. Just because it's live does not mean there is no script. They have planned months before what the segments and items will be and even if the words differ slightly at the moment - the item will have been scripted:

"We'll then have X introduce a 3 min 45 second insert about the problems of an RTO and brake cooling. This will include questions of the crew and discuss the effect on the other machines that are on finals. Also what does Approach have to do."

OK - they won't be looking at RTOs and brake cooling () but if the did? They would do it in less than four minutes and consider it more than enough time.

That is modern TV.

(I wasn't born cynical - I've just lived too long)