PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MyTravel - Crosland goes (again)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2003, 10:47
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAles figures are interesting as reported hujorgan. You are right about the margins too. I have just dropped the in-laws of at Manchester for one of their two MYT holidays this summer. They booked with them because they, and I quote, 'couldn't believe the offers'. They are nearing retirement and holiday 3 to 4 times a year. I know this is just one example, but if they are giving the holidays away it does not bode well for the future stability of the company.

It all comes down to the tour operator getting the sums right because the airline can fill the aircraft on every sector and the airline arm can make money, but if that is only offsetting a loss by the other arm who have sold the package too cheaply then the 'vertically integrated group' as a whole doesn't make any money.

(don't all start telling me not to spread bad rumours about an airline. The first paragraph is an observation and the second is a generic statement about all vertically integrated airline/ holiday groups) I wish MYT all the best for this summer and the future.

PP