PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2013, 13:10
DragonFly-ing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smiling Monkey Wrote :
Thank goodness the DGCA is putting a stop to this right now by bringing in the 250 hours on type rule. And with the two recent incidents which involved P2F pilots in the RHS of those accidents, it's very unlikely that the DGCA will do a back flip on this ruling.
Excuses me Mr. Monkey, but is there no-one in the left seat? ohh, yeah we forget, an Indo-Capt usually who are already to dangerous to handle a Cessna let alone let them 'command' an aircraft of this size... I mean really.. Going around at 20' ft RA with 1000's of hours on type. It's common in the culture in Indonesia as well as India to lose face when doing a missed approach, that's why they both didn't do anything.

Then add the fact that mr. MSD Indian boyyy calls himself capt (usually Indians have this habit in Lion) but is still afraid of the guy on the left to make a 'go around' call for it.

Also the 'no flying below 5000ft for F.O. in Lion' was crap in the first place. Most capt were making the tailstrikes anyway, not the P2F'ers (although, maybe some of them did in line-training, but isn't line-training there to be corrected by someone on the left?)

Lion has a reputation to work on but will never, never ever, catch up in the next 10 years because of all the 'personality's ' flying as captain.

The DGCA should check more thoroughly on fake licenses and Lion simchecks which Lion signs off, but never really take place in Bandara Mas. The local DGCA turns a blind eye to this as well. This last thing is actually more for the elderly Capts' in Lion to keep them in the running , the rest usually does the sim anyway.

I think Citilink and Garuda are ahead of the pack, but still behind on 'western' standards.