PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Easyjet Scheme or OAA Fully Paid
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2013, 09:34
contacttower118.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why not use all this money and go for an MD degree , at least its a professional job
Oh yes that's right I'll spend another c.£30,000 (prob a lot more now that tuition fees are up and MD is much longer) on another degree for something that I never wanted to become. What a splendid idea.

Am I a sucker? 5 type ratings from the DH8 to the B777 and I never spent a dime. Always was paid to train because it is a job! I wouldn't do it for free, let alone pay! You guys need some serious leadership to get you out of where your at - are you really happy with these "schemes"?
Of course we are not happy about these "schemes". All very well to jeer from a North American perspective but right now in the UK these schemes represent an entry into the profession that is very hard to come by. Every time one is announced thousands apply...come on, you don't realistically think that someone can just stand up and stop this wannabe army at the drop of a hat? The only hope was those already in the profession...but they have sat by and watched...

At the end of the day they get away with putting so much cost on the applicant because they can. The low cost carriers are on a solid financial footing and loads of people want to work for them. After a few years of pain their Ts&Cs are not too bad...that is how they get away with it. Pain today with reward in the future.

There is very little "self improver" hierarchy left in Europe like there is in North America, it is often either the airlines, instructing on barely livable pay or nothing. The airlines know this, hence the era of large flight school contracts like easy/CTC and the general stranglehold that the large integrated schools have on the industry. I don't like it but I don't see it ending any time soon.