PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Progression pay hit
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2013, 17:31
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest I am so cheesed off with reading some of the rubbish here about Civil Servants that if I had the chance I would introduce a scheme where when a Blue Suiter was posted to a Civil Service establishment they would get the exact same terms and conditions as the equivalent rank in the Civil Service; pay, pension, allowances, holidays, rented accommodation rights, everything! When they return to front line service (or do a temporary detachment back to Front Line duties) then their terms and conditions would be re-established, without reimbursement of any loss incurred during the time spent in the role and if they have made more, then obviously they would not have to pay that back either. Even on the long term affects that it may have on the pension!

I have known many Blue Suiters (Officers and SNCOs) who have spent years in these establishments, taking every advantage of the system, cushy 0830-1630 times swanning off down the Gym every day for an hour and a half, strolling across to McDonalds for a mid morning coffee and spending a great deal of time working out what allowances they can weedle out of the system. Yes, I agree that many do not want to be there and they make every effort to get posted out, but there are a significant number that know that they are on a good screw.

Sorry, but I am sick of reading some of the drivel printed here, that in affect is about my wife, her employment and her terms and conditions. If some of you serving members were treated half as badly as the “lower and middle ranks” of the civil service, you would have PVRed years ago.

Rant over