PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ornge helicopter crash
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2013, 14:51
Arcal76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NVG

All our flights are not done in black holes area. I think we all understand the advantage of using NVG, we also all understand the cost related to it. We do a lot of night flight, 1/3 of my flying time is done at night.... But we also go to many area where we have good reference with many lights around. Depending which base you are working, you do a lot of black hole area or little. So, yes NVG are good but I don't believe we will get it because of the cost related to it.

We have many problems with Ornge related to the fact that they do not have the knowledge they should have. They think we are an airline operation??.?. We are not. The press again had to come up to bring our problem out because this is a big political affair. The government new about the Ornge scandal and now they try to save their image by trying to fix it.
It is wrong!! Ornge should have been shut down and a new system should have been started.
It is not the case and now we face this situation again and many are leaving because they can't take it anymore.

Now we face a different problem because when so many pilots are leaving in a short time, to replace them becomes a big problem. The only Sim available is in Whippany and they are booked, 22 hours a day, so to get somebody new takes a lot of time...... And now you hire anybody to fill the seat, we end up with guys coming as copilot with 500 hours of Robinson switching to the AW139?????????
How can you do that??????
We are not a school and you create a bad environment with low level crew.
Our IFR operation has been shut down and we all believe it was done by Transport Canada, not voluntary by Ornge, they will never do that.

So, we have multiple problems and nobody knows how it is gone be fixed.
Ornge is saying they are working on it, what the hell do they know about helicopters?????????????????????????????????????????!