PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rambo Drops A Clanger!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2013, 14:08
Party Animal

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
The guy is full of crap and embarrasses those who fought the good fight!
SASless,

How can you say that? As you know, many heroic events are kept very LIMDIS. Take my case for example:

During my first tour on Sea Harriers, I managed to bag 18 Argy Mirage and 14 A4's during a little publicised spat in the South Atlantic, some 31 years ago. As an RAF man, this was kept very quiet because our dark blue bretheren wanted to claim all the glory.

I then followed this up during the Cold War years in Germany doing sneaky over the border 'rhubarbs'. Sometimes I mixed it with Migs (even now I can't tell you what types specifically - it will remain classified until 2037) cliaming 16 confirmed kills and occasionally I was tasked with laydown attacks on exercising Soviet tank brigades. At one stage, I had 36 T62's painted under the canopy!

Having a break from the FJ world, I went to the Nimrod Force. Can you believe it took 3 torpedoes to destroy my first Akula submarine? Again I can't say too much but my story was partly the basis for some Hollywood movie - The Hunt For Red October. The memory still rings sharply in my mind everytime I fly over 6413.2N 00148.6W. Dissapointingly, I only managed to destroy one SSN. My other 2 kills were a Delta II SSBN (boy the Ruskies kept that one quiet) and a Foxtrot SSK. The Foxtrot was later raised by Dirk Pitt (I guess you may have heard of NUMA?). It now sits next to the Queen Mary in Long Beach as a tourist attraction.

I could also tell you about my exploits in GW1, GW2, Bosnia, The Stan and more recently Libya but modesty prevents me from doing so. That and the concern that I would be giving away government secrets. The amazing thing is (and I know this bit will be hard to believe), I managed to keep my same callsign on all 27 aircraft types that I flew combat missions in. Glad to say that PEYNOKEO is alive and well and currently test flying the Firefox 2 from that secret airbase next to Pax River, Va.

P.S. Just thought I'd mention the above to bring this article into the domain of 'anything to do with aviation'

Cheers,

Last edited by Party Animal; 28th Jun 2013 at 14:10.