PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 28th Jun 2013, 12:08
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look out Minnie, Gobbles has his Doppler out again!

Nice post Sarcs, a number of interesting observations raised. The question of whether (or perhaps weather) Fort Fumble's bling wearing ALOO runs a parallel investigation with The Fabulous Beaker Brothers is a good question? I would say that under the terms of the MOU (proudly sponsored by Dr Voodoo enterprises) the answer would be yes, but then you never can tell. Either way I am sure that any investigation carried out within the terms and framework of the CAsA/ATSBeaker MOU will be clear, transparent, minutes taken, conversations recorded etc etc!

As a side point, and I know this is a 'pilots rumour network', so please allow me a little room to move your Honour, can any BoM employees out there confirm whether there has been robust staff cuts and funding cuts commencing around 2 year ago? I know that sort of rules out the Norfolk accident but I was recently advised that there has been a significant scaling back of technology spending at the BoM as well as staff cutbacks, natural attrition, shuffling of staff around the network and in fact insufficient staff numbers at places such as Darwin and Cairns which are subject to a greater amount of high risk weather events/conditions?
To put it another way (thanks for the loan of that one Sunny) could 'government penny pinching 101' be a contributing factor in any accident or incident in recent years?
It's just a question i am throwing out there to our 'fair weathered friends' (that really is a sick one) at the BoM. It just seems that a lot of pineapple ends have been pointed at the BoM in recent times, so perhaps we are starting to see the exposure of a significant latent condition? How would the BoM guys and gals rate the capacity, capability, quality and systematic processes of the BoM on the Fujita scale - An EF1 - Weak and ineffective, or an EF5 - robust, hardy and all powerful??

Last edited by 004wercras; 28th Jun 2013 at 12:17. Reason: Avoiding a microburst of elephant urine emanating from the middle of Albo's room