PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WARNING - To anyone considering flight training in the USA
Old 2nd Mar 2003, 04:41
airbourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive just come back from holidays. Part of which was a trip to some FTOs in florida. Basically we went to Comair. I had been in touch with their international admin person beforhand so I knew what was in order. I spoke to Chris McShea who was more than helpful will all aspects of what Comair offers. We saw the first JAA class, unfortunatly, they were in class, so I didnt get to speak to them about life in Comair but from some of the other students we talked to, they seemed very happy. The have great training facilities and a rather large fleet that is in great nick. Fro next month, students will be in blue uniform, whilst instructors will be in white. Yes, I will agree that Comair is more expensive than other FTOs, but after going there and seeing the facilities first hand I would say that it is well worth it.

I dont speak for Comair, if you want to talk more about it, mail me, you will get an unbiased opinion. The other thing is that I would also consider is Las Vegas for a FTO. Check out www.westairaviation.com which is a school I went to and hired a 172 to fly over the grand canyon!! What a serious buzz!!