PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 28th Jun 2013, 12:04
SunnySahota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm currently undergoing my Mixed Fleet training (into week 3 of 6)

There's not really a typical roster because our roster system is a preference bidding system. So if you prefer to work short haul, your roster would be different to someone that prefers to work long haul.

The roster I have is for the last week of July (after my training finishes);

FRI 26 JUL - OFF DUTY
SAT 27 JUL - OFF DUTY
SUN 28 JUL - OFF DUTY
MON 29 JUL - OFF DUTY

TUE 30 JUL - LHR to KBP
Report time 0825 Local Time LHR (GMT+1)
0840 departure from LHR, arriving at KBP 1150 GMT
1255 GMT departure from KBP, arriving LHR at 1625
Clear at 1755 Local Time LHR (Local time being GMT+1)

WED 31 JUL - LHR to LAX
Report time 1035 Local Time LHR (GMT+1)
1105 departure from LHR, arriving at LAX 2210 GMT

SAT 03 AUG - LAX to LHR
0045 GMT departure from LAX, arriving at LHR 1100 GMT
Clear at 1230 Local Time LHR (Local time being GMT+1)

The LAX return leaves Friday night. 0045 BST is a late evening departure from LAX, arriving here the following morning.

Hope this helps somewhat. i know it's not a full roster but it's all I have at the moment. Once I get my full roster (mid july) I'll PM you and answer any question you have.

Things to remember:
- We get 9 rostered OFF DUTY days (sometimes 10) each month, so you only work 21 possible days in a month

- Each long haul trip nets you 2 OFF DUTY days (3 if you get the early morning arrival, where you get back to base as early as 0600, which works out as an extra day off )

- On average we get one home standby and two airport standby's a month

- We also get AVAILABLE days on our roster, which at 1900 the night before will either change to OFF DUTY, airport standby, home standby, or a there and back. Sort of a wildcard which keeps things "interesting" shall we say

In effect, you get half the month off if you bid sensibly and don't pin your hopes on having nothing but RIO's and LAS's all month
However, that does mean that the other half of the month you're working, it is hard work. Lots of there and backs to plug in between the long hauls and you could quite easily have 2 there and backs with a long haul pinned after it. For example:

Day 1: LHR-LED-LHR
Day 2: LHR-LED-LHR
Day 3: LHR-LAS
Day 5: LAS-LHR (leaving on Day 4)
Day 6: OFF DUTY
Day 7: OFF DUTY

This is what my original roster had, but thankfully Scheduling overlapped my training roster so I can't do the above as per my old roster haha!
But it is what I was rostered to do, so certainly possible.

Last edited by SunnySahota; 28th Jun 2013 at 12:10.