PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Easyjet Scheme or OAA Fully Paid
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2013, 11:17
contacttower118.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say it's fairly obvious: the chances of landing a job if you haven't completed a "tagged" scheme are slim at best.
As much as I appreciate your response I was hoping to hear an answer given by the pilot in question.

What was really behind my question was the apparent contradiction in what he said, that on the one hand don't start training unless on a tagged course and on the other saying that easy have a constant demand for pilots.

CTC supply the majority of easy's cadets and a lot must be from the generic Wings course because the numbers of tagged cadets are quite few....

Do you really believe this to be the case?
It's pretty hard to know who to believe on here isn't it?

john_smith I think I have read has been through the Wings course (please correct if wrong!) so presumably has some authority on this. Yet there are plenty of other people claiming to be CTC grads who have a more positive outlook (the actual chances of a placement not necessarily T&Cs etc).

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of CTC Wings cadets get jobs eventually it is just a question of how long they wait in the hold pool and whether when taken it is a permanent departure...

If someone could keep a running thread on the hold pool situation that would give people a better idea...