PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Relief and the W crew
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2013, 01:02
Pucka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monster..hear hear. As an ex Bus driver, I always strived to be both fair and equitable, often giving the better rest periods to the relief just to keep the show on the road..I guess it meant for a more harmonious night out into ultra longhaul land. The noise box behind the cockpit in the 340 is nothing short of crap. It is noisy, with little if no sound proofing..and I thought it was only Mongolians who used carpets on walls..and the CC work with little regard to mindful noise control...this stacks up to the Capt getting rest that is substandard and worse than the guy who hits the LCRM. Goat..fess up. You are a prize **** my friend. This prima D approach will earn you no points and lets face it..respect the skipper..he or she has little left in the gammit of Captain's authority...and God help us, if you ever get into the LHS for the purpose of long haul flying, you may even appreciate it yourself. Just count yourself lucky that you are resting in an environment that IS fit for purpose. That said..just reflect on the principle reasons YOU are there in the first place. It's to provide for a crew proportion that allows the aircraft to arrive efficiently and safely at destination. If there is risk of diversion, be prepared to take an extra hammering on rest..I for one have stretched it out for those who fly the approach, the potential GA in atrocious weather and a low fuel recovery to an unfamiliar alternate...half time pen pushing doesn't really hold argument. As the comrades have said..MTFU!!!