PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - German LBA revokes authorization of TRTO
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2013, 21:09
CL605driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

how hillarious,

3 years ago I needed the 604 to 605 transition.
One of the options was Ikon...

contacted Herr Dokter Kotcher ( this is how he answered his phone....) and we agreed we would do a transition course the next Thursday, details to be emailed.

Wednesday came without anything, he didn't answer his phone and I called the flightschool.
my dillema explained, the assistant cursed, " he did it again" turned out he makes deals without telling his staff.
But she would figure out.

Herr Dokter and the rest of the alphabet called 5 minutes later and said he didn't feel like it anymore and he didn't like foreigners anyway!?

I addressed him in German, my fourth language but acceptable and out of respect I talked his language.
Told me my German was **** anyways,.. why can't we talk English, in my book the only language in aviation anyways.
Lost the new job because of this.

Tried to forget this threat to the civilzed world and aviation in particular.
Until, a couple of months later one of my Fo's told me how he got his transition.

He talked to our dear Dr on Skype and got a hardly readable copy of a handbook via Skype IM, please fill out your certificate yourself and within 3 minutes he became qualified on the 605!

This seems to be the typical German way, simulators are costing too much.

Look at their next door neighbor FAI, their FOM, untill recently, had friends within the LBA and everything went over there.
Pretty much every professional pilot in Germany knows how things go over there but the LBA choose to ignore their regular gross infractions of dutytimes.

Connections.

And, Mr Flexjet, they operate 3 Globals....

Stay professional

Last edited by CL605driver; 27th Jun 2013 at 21:35.