PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 27th Jun 2013, 20:20
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
I have a feeling in my water that we are at "Game Over" stage because whatever momentum the "reform" movement had, it is now lost. Albanese is now Deputy Prime Minister. He is going to be busier than a one armed paper hangar for the foreseeable future. He has no interest in the Aviation component of his portfolio anyway and his new appointment means it will receive even less attention than it did before.

Against that background, Mr. Mrdaks stocks have just risen, in my opinion, since his boss has been promoted. Any threat of PM & C intervening by asking pointed questions about CASA and ATSB is now less than zero since Albanese has a direct line to Rudd.

We thus have a hiatus while we wait for a Federal election. What happens after that is anyones guess, mine being that the Department will lobby very hard for the appointment of a Minister who will NOT make waves, and Abbott and his minders will most likely concur for the reason that making waves is the sort of "courageaous" action that a Sir Humphrey would detest.