PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL - Barton or Blackpool?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2013, 18:07
LonnyKins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys! Thanks for the replies. I think i'm going to learn at Barton at either LAC or Flight Academy. Blackpool is probably just not as convenient for me. Just a couple of questions though...

Medex - you say that I shouldn't rely on flying myself as a reliable mode of travel? Why do you say this? If I bought my own plane and passed my IMC what would stop me flying around the country to attend my meetings? Obviously I can arrange the meeting at any time but I am curious to understand the limitations?

Peter-RB - I know what you are saying about Helicopter and my initial thought was to learn to fly a Helicopter and get myself a Robinson R44, but i've been told I can only fly it in almost perfect weather conditions (which of course we don't get many of), which would hinder my dream of being able to fly around the country for my business.

As well as flying being a useful tool to get places quicker than driving, I am also looking forward to the whole experience as I am in love with anything with an engine!!

Any advice on LAC or the Flying Academy would be helpful too!