PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2013, 11:21
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why does everyone miss the point.

The reason most airlines can ask for 500 hours right now is because there are bucket loads of rated guys with hours without jobs. When the economy finally picks up and hiring starts again these mins will change.

I dont think any of the US regionals require time on type nor do the Australian jet operators such as Jetstar and Virgin. The place where time on type is required is Europe and the Middle East. Why is that? Because there are so many spare pilots in Europe thats where they can set the bar. The ME airlines have always asked for jet time but not always on type. The US regionals pay so poorly that they have to pay for type training. The Australian airlines cant ask for time on type cause no one actually has any who isn't already working for an airline already.

Stop saying I cant get a job cause of the 500 hours on type rules. Go fly for someone who doesn't ask for 500 on type. Oh my god you may have to fly a SE piston. How will you live with the shame?

What all of you people need is patience. Something most p2f people have not a lot of.