PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2013, 06:18
flyboy_nz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
peepsmover1, your meek attempts to insult me by my country of origins only proves that you got easily offended by my post which proves my exact point. I am going to debate with you without calling any names or making comments about your nationality, in other words without steeping down to your level, and that my friend is an insult to you in itself, but for someone like you, take it as a compliment.

The issue about the USAF was to point out that that low-time pilots can fly complex operations, who cares how many wash out---the government pays the tab you, twit.
The question is not about experience and complex operations, it's about not paying to get the seat but earning it. And yes it matters how many wash out. The more that do, the more money has been wasted. That is the exact reason why military training requires a cadet to finish the training at the required minimums. To keep the costs down.

Not every carrier in the world operates a P2F model, for obvious reasons, because it will not survive the competition.
It is because it's illegal. If it wasn't, most carriers would do so. Hence you see more cadet schemes rising up with poor terms and conditions.

Nobody owes you anything
You are desperate enough to pay for it, you think you deserve it more and it's fair? And because you can afford it, you think you're better. Unfortunately not and this is why I think it's unfair for others who are better to not get that job.

For one, the employer gets a pilot who is fluent in English, is willing to fly for a short period of time while the carrier grows its own stable of pilots. Instead of hiring a more experienced pilot who once typed will readily bounce to a major airline.
If Indonesia really wanted, all pilots would be speaking Bahasa on the radio. Just look at the English speaking level of the ATC. English is not taught in most schools here. Yes, it does benefit the airline like I said so in my previous post. The Airline is only hiring locals because of the DGCA rules. The P2f has been a huge profit for the airlines hence more and more asian airlines are jumping on the bandwagon and more and more people as yourself and ready to lube up and bend over for that RHS. When the locals get on, I bet you they gonna be hired on worse terms with longer contracts, so the airlines still keep their costs down. Oh and guess who they are gonna replace? You my friend. Then you can cry about how you were unfairly failed on your sim check.

Who cares what you think, you’re not the corporate officer of an Indonesian carrier, got that?
In their dreams... actually, I have held a higher position than that but I have a job offer that most guys like you can only have wet dreams of with double the salary of an Indonesian carrier captain, tax free, accommodation and food provided and to really rub salt in the wounds, that was without an interview and I am just 29 Life is truly unfair. So, tell me why would I give up all that for 50k only to bummed in a RHS of a jet like yourself?

Oh yes, I would rather fly a C-172 than having to pay to fly a 737. Something which you will never understand, something your father should have taught you a long time ago, but I guess you're a spoilt brat who always held daddy's hand and been saved by his wallet? And I would still fly the 737 better than you my friend, I can assure you and a few will too! (I know you are one of the spanish clowns in Lion Air with P2f program, we hear plenty of stories from the senior Capts)

Remember high school? I am the guy that sleeps with the prom queen but because of your desperation, you pay for the sex with some random prostitute. End of the day according to you, p*ssy is p*ssy, haha, I hear you guys are the favourite scam happening with the X2 and the FA girls these days. Have a think about it, and let it settle down. Then you will realise why P2f is an insult to the industry.

RHS at 50? So what? I would have achieved more by that age that you would in a lifetime. Heck, I have already done so. The goal is not the jet job. Why would someone like me want a job that's been robbed of all it's glory with a huge pay cut. What do you earn again? $2000 a month for a 737 radio and flap operator. I earn five times that and I actually own a house thanks to the company I work for. While you stay in a crappy accommodation in Tamang Amrek or the slums in jakarta, no sight of LHS in the near future but all you are is just a temporary replacement till the locals come along. Working all year and getting a few days off while I work four weeks and get two off. You have worst conditions than the bluebird taxi drivers. A job where once people were called Aviators deserved to fly that seat but now being replaced by glorified bus drivers like you. At least a bus driver doesn't have to pay for his/her job.

I am gonna tell you something which you should have realised a long time ago, but you haven't for the obvious reasons. Sir E. Hillary climbed up Everest, not jump off a plane with a chute and landed on top. I doubt you will understand what I mean by that statement, I am sure it will fly overhead. But you will reply with some unintelligent comment about kiwis and sheep.

Run along now to your shiny jet, the capt needs more coffee...

Last edited by flyboy_nz; 27th Jun 2013 at 09:04.