PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2013, 23:30
flyboy_nz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
peepsmover1, you Sir, are the very reason that civil pilots have no respect these days.

How is it that with only 200 hours of initial flight training that USAF fighter pilots are at the controls of the F-22 and A-10, or transport pilots flying the C-17, all flawlessly carrying out complex flight operations?
Last time I checked, you don't pay $50k to get into the USAF to fly those machines. Do you know how many people fail or get washed out before even starting BFM training?

The P2f system is unfair on everyone. If the P2f program did not exist, everyone would have a fair chance at applying for an airline. In this way, the not so good would actually fail the assessment. And let's not talk about the assessment MSD/Rishworth/Avia does. That's just a show and mockery of the entire industry. You could get a monkey to pass through that assessment provided his/her wallet was fat enough or had enough bananas. Look at places like Australia and NZ, the p2f would hugely and only benefit the Airline but at the expense of damaging an entire industry. But, it's seen as being unfair and unethical to pay for a job. The entire process of hiring people by fair means goes out the window.

enticing opportunities
Very enticing opportunity to dry your wallet or your's Daddys! Sitting in the right hand seat of a 737 and paying 50k just to operate the radio and serve coffee. Tell me this, if the P2f scheme tomorrow says you have to perform Fellaciao after paying the 50k to get the job, would you do it? I bet you would. Because it's a small requirement in regards to the big picture and that's how the industry is shaping out to be. Better do it first than before be in the back of the line right? Have some pride my friend in yourself and your flying skills.

Equally, P2F has been in some fashion around for awhile, so deal with it. Squawking about something you cannot change is a waste of both your emotional and mental energy.
No, it wouldn't change the system but I will walk with pride that I did not sell my soul by buying my dreams and crushing several others because I happen to have the required amount. I will go through the system and beating the competition fair and square. Guys like you are gonna be another notch in my belt when I retire and say, yeah they were those that paid, but I didn't have to

So suck it up, Buttercups and let's bring value added to the discussion, rather than some pathetic, "My porridge is too hot," or "Johnny' s Mummy has more money than my Daddy." Cheers
After you my good Sir!

Last edited by flyboy_nz; 26th Jun 2013 at 23:31.