PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop the Bullsh1t
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2003, 21:26
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go-Around,

If you feel that strongly perhaps you should strike each potential employer who lies to you 'blatantly' off your potential employers list. That may make you feel much better. Remember, they owe you nothing before you work for them and courtesy, although desireable, is not everyone's forte. Do also remember that some office staff are just being 'efficient' under a heavy workload. I recall attempting to get my first airline job with jmc and I spent months trying to get through to the Chief Pilot but his admin asst. was like the ice maiden. Eventually I did get in and she was very similar on my induction day, but, once I saw the workload she was under I could understand how the daily phone calls from newbie pilots must have been tedious in the extreme.

Well said Scroggs, Peter Davidson you obviously have a very simplistic view of how airlines work, if you are a wannabe can I suggest you start researching the market a little more to get a grasp of the basics?

Job competition is fierce in many industries and believe me you will be dealt with a lot worse by many others. If you are whining now you are unlikely to be what an airline wants so think hard, take the knocks on the chin, for there will be many and if you can't handle it then go find an easier career to get into.

As ever, good luck Wannabes.

PP