PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2013, 21:17
Danny42C

1938 Vauxhall 12-6.

Yamagata Ken,

Lovely pics - a bit of Old England ! Yes, I remember the Castle well, didn't have time to look it over it as I just overnighted there. But what lad with any spirit wouldn't scramble over a wall, or find a gap in the hedge, to play "Cavaliers and Roundheads" for free in a magnificent setting like that ?

The pub is more faintly recalled, but if it's the only one on the green, it must be the right one.......D.

Fareastdriver,

And it shows this Thread and the PPRuNe Forum up as the wonderful thing it is.......D.

Chugalug,

That's the one ! Think they mostly came in black (on Henry Ford's dictum), can't remember a coloured one, but suppose there must have been some - probably export models.

I think the very similar 14-6 had a rudimentary boot, but it is obscured by the man at the rear. * They both had essentially the same straight-six engine, 1508 cc, I think in the 12-6, bored out to 1700 + cc ifor the 14-6. The 12-6 was a bit slow, but very smooth.

* Are my old eyes deceiving me or is there a small "bump" in the shadow behind the car ? (a 12 had a straight back, but a door opened to reveal the spare wheel, and folded down to act as a luggage rack.

Tyres are oversize on this specimen.......D.

Cheers to you all,

Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 26th Jun 2013 at 21:21. Reason: Typo