PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 26th Jun 2013, 20:08
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New game:

BRB last evening and I had devised a wheeze to win back some of the bets (in pints) from a couple of the crew. It was cunning, and worked a treat, but the odds were always on my side.

I have, of late been obliged to read through many letters, RCA (as were), NCN, reports, audits and the like. Now the BRB reckon, when you read through a lot of this stuff, you can after while, identify who wrote it. Now, the "Chambers Report" has been studied in depth by all the BRB (as the subject of much critical acclaim); so it's fair to say, that they could spot the non plagiarised, hand crafted parts easily enough. In fact there are some (nameless) who dared brag about being able to do so. Thus inspired, my plan was hatched.....

Here's how the trick works– get a copy of the Pel Air RCA then challenge your victim to identify the author; just make sure they can't see the name of whoever raised it. When they declare that this was writ by "Bloggs", let them see the names section, win your pint and enjoy the look of consternation on their faces. Many smiles and free pints for "K" last evening....

The secret is to use the ones with Cook or Scrimes name typed in the right hand box; then have your victim read the 'complaint' area, eight out ten will smile and say "Our Wodger wrote this, no mistake", then allow them to see the signature; "Ah hah" they coo, "pony up K". That's when I strike – "Nope see here" says I, "where it says raised by; read it and weep, that'll be one pint please". Some of the responses were unprintable, some were of amazement but they did kick off a lively discussion which went on, I'm ashamed to say, well past a respectable hour. Time gentlemen please.

Of course, it's only a silly game, played for fun and pints, but it just goes to show how very easily magicians earn their money, deception, sleight of hand, smoke, mirrors etc. Money, or beer in this case, for old rope.....

Well, I'm off to recover Gobbles pachyderm, seems he is all alone in the ministers office and there's no one to feed the poor beast; GD wants him home before the pot plants start disappearing. "Hitch up the wagon Minnie, we're off to see the wizard".

Last edited by Kharon; 26th Jun 2013 at 20:59. Reason: You are quick today. Good one.