PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2013, 14:34
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bastardeux,

I understand where you're coming from - but I think you've missed a fundamental point. The people with the money to spend, who have never waivered from their intent want the supersonic, stealth aircraft capable of hovering.

Now I am sure that Air Forces the world over (some of them naval) will roll their eyes and point out the error of their ways - but who cares? If the USMC wants that capability and can foot the bill, who are we (well - not me incidentally, my opinion on the subject has changed a little over the last year or so) to deny them?

The added irony of course is that no-one in the USN appears to want the C, because they have a supersonic, twin engine beast with an amazing electronic fit that they quite like.

Lastly, yet another thread with some good old British humour about Typhoon, now multi role and at sea! Amazing, genuinely laughed so hard I could only just make out the screen.

(There's another thread where someone says the GR4 is multi role, give that one a go if you've got a corset on, lest your sides split!)