PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2013, 13:24
Chugalug2

Received 237 Likes on 73 Posts
ATG:-
The other option is for the MAA to allow an un-airworthy aircraft to fly, having acknowledged it's status.
Which is exactly what the MAA is setting out to do, I would suggest. As tuc has already said, there are degrees of unairworthiness, and the trick is to sort out the wheat from the chaff, ie spot the next "N****d" and ground it pdq, but keep the rest flying while you try to sort out their deficiencies. So why not leave them alone to do just that and stop carping on? Because the temptation will always be there to carry on covering up the past and misrepresenting the present.
...I wouldn't wish to be the Chief MAA to have that happen on my books.
As I've said before, this needs leadership, both from the RAF and the MAA. Are you telling me there is none?
the pair of you are pretty poor at explaining what happens next
Well, I'm sorry about that. We've tried to say what we think should happen next, a full public acceptance of what has happened and a sincere move to put it right. That must mean bringing those responsible for this mess and its cover up to book and ensuring that it cannot recur. Under present arrangements it could, unless and until the MAA and MAAIB be made separate and independent of the MOD and of each other. That means a civvie DG each, for a start. As to what then happens that is not up to me, you, or tuc, but up to the MAA and MAAIB. Their TORs though should be principally to maintain the fighting capability of the RAF (and FAA and AAC), and not their own backsides, ie it needs leadership.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 26th Jun 2013 at 13:58.