PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keeping gliding options open from 2015
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2013, 11:03
astir 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi TF

Most gliding clubs I know keep some form of records of launches and hours flown (if for no better reason than being able to charge for launches and flying time). Your old club may therefore have enough information to be able to check sample entries in your log book.

Even if you're not a member any more the current CFI may be willing to sign off at least some of your flying on that basis. There's no harm in asking!

I know my current CFI won't be in a position to verify all my 3000-odd launches spread over 30 years at several different gliding clubs in several different countries! Ultimately responsibility for logbook accuracy rests with the applicant. I believe that in power/commercial flying, people have been prosecuted for forgery/uttering false documents when they've been caught fiddling logbooks so I guess the same could apply to glider pilots applying for the new licence.

We will be having to apply to the CAA/EASA and not the BGA for this new ****** licence. So I guess that even if the BGA has the information, we will still have to supply the details of gliding certificates (date, number, copy of the little green FAI book?) to EASA.

Last edited by astir 8; 26th Jun 2013 at 11:06.