PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2013, 05:14
FactCheck_Indonesia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The most important part of the application process is presenting mommy and daddy's bank account details"

Oh, grow up.

Firstly, it was a multi-day, multi-tier assessment to get in (tests, interviews, sim).

Secondly, this may come as a shock to you, but I spent over three-and-a-half years working and saving money while I was looking for a flying job somewhere. In this market, there simply aren't any to be had if you don't have the hours. So I took the proceeds of nearly four years of 9-to-5 drudgery to do what I felt I had to do to ever get anywhere in aviation.

It's a good investment. We're getting paid from Day 1, with the normal salary anyone in the company would get. We have a full one-year contract, with a further one-year extension option. My investment is going to pay for itself within 9 months, and that's just in simple financial terms. That's not even counting the fact that I can finally begin some semblance of a career.

I don't like P2F either, but if you have a better suggestion of where to find a job in this market, then I would love to hear it. All the usual step-stone jobs are blocked by people who have been in them for years waiting for someone higher up the food chain to retire.

There simply aren't any opportunities out there for low timers. I did what I had to do, and I worked hard for it. Don't you dare judge me.