PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Flights
Thread: First Flights
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2013, 22:17
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First Flights

I'm currently watching some great, but like me getting on a bit, comedies on You Tube, and came to this episode. I'm sure many will not wish to watch the whole thing, although I would recommend it for your chuckle muscles, its very funny, but the initial "getting airborne sequence is very funny.

The Beverly Hillbillies - Home For Christmas - YouTube

In that vein, I was wondering if anyone would like to share their first flight experience. For me, an amazing 30 minutes in a Chipmunk from Shawbury circa 1967. A few aero's and finally allowed a "clutch". For a village lad who's most exciting experience had been a drive on the farm tractor in a field. Well, heaven. A few weeks later a T21 flight from Tern Hill I was hooked. That was 14 years old as an ATC cadet. I'm 60 now and still remember vividly those first flights. I managed to clock around 500 hours solo gliding, 5000 hours as a GE on Albert, and generally managed to fly in everything I worked on, even the wonderful Lightning. Enjoy the video, have a laugh and please share your first flights. I was just Groundcrew at the end of the day. What drew you Aircrew types in to the mob ?

Smudge

If this is repeating a previous thread please let me know, I will kill this one.

Last edited by smujsmith; 25th Jun 2013 at 22:25.