PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2013, 21:58
Bristol_Traveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ERJ-145 is 49 seats. (16 rows of 3 + 1. The 135 is 37 - 12 rows of 3 +1)

Load factors in those ranges are probably not sustainable in the long-term, but for a first month of operation, they're probably not indicative either.

bmi-r has run a successful operation for many years, operating that same fleet, but out of different airports and on different destinations. They're new arrivals to BRS, so will take time to establish themselves, and I would hope they've factored that into their plans. As EZY have shown, with the right prices and routes, SXF and GVA have done very well for them.

The Helvetic flight is a vexing one for me. At three days a week, it's not that great for my typical '24 hours in ZRH' visits, and without connections with LX, you can't use ZRH as a hub (which it's an excellent airport for, and LX have very good intra-European fares).

The BACon flight also used to suffer from FRA and MUC being terminating points. I'm still a bit bemused that LH publish sensible long-haul fares from BRS that allow use of the FRA/MUC routes, but make them pretty difficult to *find*. That connecting traffic would give those routes so much more value.

I was on BRS-MUC on Monday with 32 pax out and (apparently) about 30 pax back. I'm on MUC-BRS tomorrow, so I'll look at the numbers then. 75% LF is a much brighter story to tell.