PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2013, 12:09
Agrajag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stand by what I posted.
Then you are being obtuse.
The "cadetship" gives young pilots guided training and fast track into a career at Jetstar. My opinion is that this pretty much qualifies for the description of "cadetship".
Only by the new, convenient interpretation of the word, apparently unique to the Brave New World of aviation in the 21st century.

Weasel words such as "guided training" and "fast track" only attempt to camouflage the program from what it really is: a means of placing the cheapest, least experienced pilots the law will allow as second-in-command of an airline jet. And doing so with no investment, financial or otherwise, in the welfare of that pilot. Instead, he or she is hit with an over-the-odds upfront cost, no guarantee of a job, and a substandard salary if that job does eventuate.

The money goes to OAA and I can't see how how Jetstar are trying to take advantage of anyone.

From what I can see, the Jetstar cadetship seems to deliver pretty much what it promises.
In that case I can only conclude that what you can see is deliberately obscured. That or, even less defensible, you are attempting to mislead. Whom, I don't know. But no-one here is buying it.