PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2013, 07:08
Agrajag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the past couple of years I've met about a dozen current or former Jetstar Cadets.

They all seems pretty enthusiastic and motivated.

The two complaints I heard were:

* OAA was a bit disorganised about the flying, and the cadets had to compensate for this by being a bit more motivated and pushing harder to get the training done.

* There was little or none contact between Jetstar and the cadets during the training.

Overall they were happy, although a couple thought the Virgin cadetship sounded better.

Cadetships are here to stay and will grow.
Excuse me peterc005, but aren't you the same gentleman who has already been sprung on another thread, making specious claims about the virtues of one of the training providers who benefit from these schemes?

I note no mention of the financial impost to these starry-eyed youngsters who are duped into this path to an airline.

Tell you what: I'll accept the existence of this as an alternative path to what many see as the ultimate goal, if you & others stop referring to it as a "cadetship." As has been pointed out in another post, the term implies a financial commitment on the part of the prospective employer, instead of the cost being entirely borne by the trainee. It's a fine piece of doublespeak which conceals the true nature of the arrangement, thereby seeking to legitimise it.

If the system had transparency and merit, those who promote it wouldn't need to misrepresent it.