PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keeping gliding options open from 2015
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2013, 06:11
Thoughtful_Flyer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
To convert you will need Bronze badge + cross country endorsement & certified logbook evidence of previous launches to gain equivalent launch rating (& a medical of course.) It is likely that the person certifying your logbook evidence & signing the conversion form will have to be the club CFI (ie head of training.)

There may or may not be a currency requirement. I'm betting not, & that you would be issued with an LAPL(S) or SPL but that you would have to fulfil EASA sailplane recency requirements before exercising the privileges.
OK, thanks. That is what I needed to know. I have all the requirements (and more) apart from the medical. What I don't have is a CFI to certify my logbook as I'm not a member of a club. How do I get round that problem?

The CFI of my former club (who signed off by BI acceptance etc) has sadly died and I've never even met the club's current incumbent, even if he would be allowed to do it for a non member.

Also, I don't have a power licence. One additional reason for not wanting to lose what I have got is to get credit towards a power licence if I ever wanted to go down that route in the future

Last edited by Thoughtful_Flyer; 25th Jun 2013 at 06:15.