PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2013, 00:47
kelevra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lu0724

Kelevra, When did this happened, I remember when I checked this cadet pilot program back in 2011 it was for all nationalities. any reason for changing this? just curious... Thanx.
it will not open to all nationalities anymore due to HK immigration department implementing new law on the programme as far as i know.
cx252 is correct. Though I will still need to research into this because I'm not familiar with the laws regarding employment in Hong Kong. I only found out last year when applying for the second time and I saw in application page in red font that the Cadet Programme is only open to Hong Kong Permanent Residents.

Only applicants who hold a Hong Kong permanent ID card are presently being considered for the Cadet Pilot Programme. You are welcome to register your details and we recommend that you email [email protected] should your flying experience and/or Hong Kong residency status change.
Oh dear, they newly updated the Cathay Pacific website with a new layout. Time to get familiar with it again.

Also, you should know that the Cadet Programme was aimed at locals because flying careers are nonexistent in Hong Kong. So Cathay Pacific gave the opportunity for locals to fly and make a career out of it. At the time, international applicants were also able to apply as DESOs and DEFOs but I'm sure this was costly because the salary (plus benefits) needed to attract applicants at an "expat level" (e.g. housing allowance).