PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 500h Time on Type HR Rule goes a step further!
Old 24th Jun 2013, 23:55
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Movement up the Chain

I can't speak for the rest of the world but in Australia Cathay Pacific, Singapore Flying College and China Southern Flying College just to name a few have all at different times advertised for instructors with the mention of "possible movement to airline" as a carrot.

As of today I only know of CX actually taking some of its instructors as cadets. The funny thing is by the time they had an interview they would have been able to apply anyway with the lifting of the HK residents only criteria.

Kirks, you know instructors who posses a 4 year Bachelor Degree? Last time I checked 4 year degrees were usually for Engineering, Law and Medicine. Why would you be instructing if you had one of these qualifications? Unless of course it was weekends only because flying was your hobby and not your main source of income. USA excluded of course where a 4 year degree is required for just about anything aviation.

It also states that the instructors can have a JAA, FAA or ICAO licence but to move up you have to fit the airline criteria. That would be JAA ticket and EU citizenship. So they will accept instructors from anywhere but how many are eligable to upgrade?

Last edited by pilotchute; 25th Jun 2013 at 00:28.