PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WARNING - To anyone considering flight training in the USA
Old 1st Mar 2003, 13:20
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi G-SXTY,

Really sorry to hear about your trouble mate. I have been on the phone to a friend of mine who is an instructor at the Florida Institute of Technology flight school in Melbourne to try and get some more info on this worrying issue for you. He said that FIT's insurance costs have recently been increased too but there is very little chance of FIT going bust because basically, being a part of Florida's biggest university they obviously have government links/backing/approval/ .....call it what you want, but it would be very unlikely to happen!

So, if you are still milling about trying to find a suitable FTO I could think of no better place to recommend than FIT in Melbourne. I did my FAA PPL and hours build package late last year with them and could not fault the set up. They have a C172, C152 and PA28 for hire at reasonable prices. If you call 321-6746501 and ask to speak to Mike Brandon (a senior CFI and examiner) he should be able to help.

I hope this info will be of some help to you, if it's not then please except my apologies.

There does indeed appear to be something strange happening amongst Florida FTO's at them moment, apparently another FTO in Orlando went under this week too. I recommend FIT from personal experience and for the above reasons of university backing.

Hope you sort something out soon and good luck.

VFE.

Last edited by VFE; 1st Mar 2003 at 13:34.