PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Max Air Nigeria
Thread: Max Air Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2013, 17:38
gear_yanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgil, 1. You have the same sort of background (though a bit less 747 experience) as the long-term professionals whom you are replacing. 2. If your time is strictly in the classic then I would suggest that your options for 747 employment anywhere (outside of Max) are nearly nil. Accepting the ONLY classic job available to you and trying to characterize your decision as an “adventure” or something that will “broaden your experience” seems a bit disingenuous to me. 3. If you have 400 experience then you have plenty of superior employment options available today. You could “broaden your experience” and have a far superior “adventure” in Thailand or Indonesia! 4. I do know that your background and experience will make you feel out of place once you arrive at the Tahir. 75% of the Captains who are already there were not hired for their superior flying skills or their experience, but rather for their willingness to accept poor treatment and low pay without complaint. Due to a lack of qualified F/Os, you will likely be assigned to right seat duties whilst babysitting one of the “scary” Captains. This happened to one of your countrymen last year. 5. You will be staying at a “guest palace” that was rejected (due to safety/security concerns) by the professional crews who came before you. Living in a prime target for Boko Haram and Ansaru will surely add to your adventure! Also, the place you will stay is owned and managed by conservatives….no pork or booze available. The food they do offer is really disgusting, but a good case of typhoid or amoebic dysentery will add to the overall “experience” you are seeking. 6. You may be shocked when you learn what the terms and conditions were for the professionals who worked at Max last year. Do you think your contract is raising the bar or lowering the bar? I hope you didn’t accept their first offer! Maybe, since you are only there for the experience and adventure, you refuse to accept any compensation at all?? Please contact me via PM if you have any questions. My former co-workers and I made our experiences public in an effort to protect the profession. We feel it is our duty to inform the 747 flying community about the safety and pay problems we experienced last year. You have been warned, so please don’t whine when bad things happen to you! Good luck, mate!