PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 24th Jun 2013, 13:16
4dogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Laborial abrogation of responsibility?

Creamie,

I'm sure that if we had a "like" button, you'd probably set records! I actually like almost everything you say, even though we occasionally diverge in our views.

It may be nice if DF was in a dictatorial position - I'm sure he would be benevolent until he developed the McComic (copyrighted by Kharon but shamelessly pirated herewith ) response to dissent. But politics is compromise and consultation, so group hugs are de rigeur on the Hill. Of course, the problem with group hugs is that nobody is watching who sneaks up from behind and joins in...

The warning about the John Sharps of the world is valid, particularly as the Pel-Air teflon proved to be so effective. But the intuitive response is to make sure that the group contains all the arch enemies and opposing factions. The problem remains to ensure that the squeaky wheels don't rule the day.

I agree with your sentiments that CASA lacks the intellectual capital to deal with issue. In the end, there has to be some acceptance that there are practitioners out there who truly embrace risk management and the reasonable rights of those incapable or unable to make informed decisions in the prevailing circumstances - their advice must be at least aired for consideration. Unlike DF, I don't think they get into the game as regulatory decision-makers since they can rarely avoid the perception of bias or the accusation of conflict of interest.

We get back to the dilemma of how to get the "Laborials" properly and sensibly advised on the issues - we currently do not have an appropriate mechanism.

The emergency services vs medical services debate covers a wide range of conflicting issues - I suspect more so than RPT - but it has just been left unattended in preference to opening Pandora's box. Senate (or House) inquiries can be easily side-tracked and Governments can ignore the outcomes. And it's the wrong issue for judicial examination.

It may well be that we saddle Angus up for another eminent persons panel, throw Mrdak, Shergold and perhaps the wonderful old "Peter" Lloyd into the party and have at it. I reckon 2-3 weeks would see it sorted - waddya reckon?

Stay alive,

Last edited by 4dogs; 24th Jun 2013 at 13:22.