PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The inaugural flight came as a surprise to the passengers...
Old 24th Jun 2013, 11:44
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I expect the 787 will settle down - just like the 380 is now doing. We all know that EVERY manufacturer of ANY item now needs to rush the product to market as fast as possible. The development cycle is greatly reduced and competition acute - in the middle of the 2nd Great Depression, the more so.

Dream Buster
The single unique aspect of the B787 Dreamliner which no one has mentioned, but all pilots and Boeing have been waiting for is that this aircraft returns to using compressed OUTSIDE air - not BLEED air, which has been used by all jet aircraft since around 1962.
Indeed, and I'm sure that this will be good to have. I am doubtfull that it will do much for jet-lag as Boeing claim. We are authoritatively informed that jet-lay is to do with light, not air, but the air and higher pressure will help many. I am also aware that the cabin has significant lighting design but a crate load of humans are all going to respond differently.
Airbus catching up.....slowly.
That's the way humans work, if they all developed at the same time it might be industrial espionage.

But equally, when it comes to composites in the airframe: Boeing catching up.....slowly.