PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The inaugural flight came as a surprise to the passengers...
Old 24th Jun 2013, 10:01
airsmiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This airliner is certified for public transport operations. If that doesn't allay your fears or concerns, or you wont travel in months without an "R" in them,
It was also certified the first time around for public transport operations, but this turned out to be misplaced trust. The fact that Boeing couldn't find the cause of the problems and went for a 'catch-all' patch-up approach doesn't really inspire much confidence to be honest.

While I trust Thomson as a quality airline, I have less regard for Boeing and the regulators about the 787 problems. You only have to see what United are having to deal with to see that introducing the 787 into service is a difficult and frustrating task when there are such a wide array of problems to identify and bed down. I presume BA are aware of this and that's why they decided to introduce the A380 into service first.

Hopefully, in the fullness of time, the 787 will live up to its promises and I truly look forward to that moment.